Long term project position at CMI in Gravitational Wave AstronomyPublished At: 2019-06-25 15:38 -
Applications are invited for a long term project position (JRF) at the Chennai Mathematical Institute in the field of Gravitational Wave Astronomy on a grant funded by SERB.
- No of positions: 1
- Qualification: Masters in Physics (MSc or MS) with minimum 55% marks.
- Computational skills: Programming in C, python, MATHEMATICA.
- Salary: Rs 25000/- per month + 30% HRA (if hostel accommodation is not available).
- Duration: 1 year
- Duties: The selected student will contribute to the ongoing activities of the group which include Theoretical modelling of gravitational waveforms, Tests of strong-field gravity using Gravitational Waves and Multi-messenger astrophysics.
- Deadline: Applications received before July 10th will get the first preference. The position will remain open until filled.
- Procedure: Shortlisted candidates will be called for a telephonic interview. The candidate will be selected for the position based on the performance in the interview.
Those who are interested may apply by sending detailed CV, containing the names and email addresses of at least 2 referees to apply.gwcmi at gmail.com. For further information, contact kgarun AT cmi.ac.in