Long term project position at CMI in Gravitational Wave AstronomyPublished At: 2018-04-11 00:08 -
Applications are invited for a long term project position (JRF) at the Chennai Mathematical institute in the field of Gravitational Wave Astronomy on a grant funded by the Department of Science and Technology.
- No of positions: 1
- Qualification: Masters in Physics (MSc or MS) with minimum 55% marks.
- Computational skills: Programming in C, python, MATHEMATICA.
- Salary: Rs 25000/- per month + 30% HRA (if hostel accommodation is not available).
- Duration: 1 year (extendable on review of performance)
- Duties: The selected student will contribute to the ongoing activities of the group which include Theoretical modelling of gravitational waveforms, Tests of strong-field gravity using Gravitational Waves and Multi-messenger astrophysics.
- Deadline: To ensure full consideration for the position, the applications should reach on or before 25th April 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled.
- Procedure: Shortlisted candidates will be called for either telephonic interview. After satisfactory performance in the interview, the candidate will be selected for the position.
Those who are interested may apply by sending detailed CV, containing the names and email addresses of 2 referees, to kgarun at cmi.ac.in.
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.